The Optimist Club of Central Fairfax was chartered in June 1986 to meet some of the needs of our area elementary and secondary schools, and to serve the children of our community.
The club has a dinner meeting and program on the fourth Tuesday of every month at the American Legion in Fairfax.
Club programs support the community and schools. With your help, we could support every elementary and high school in our area.
There is an initiation fee of $30 when joining the club. The fee includes the first quarter dues. Dues are $25 per quarter.
Money needed to run programs and service projects is raised through fund raising activities.
Examples include a Florida citrus fruit sale and a mixed nut decanter sale. We pre-sell full and half cases of pink grapefruit, and naval oranges.
How much time do we expect a member to give the Club? That is up to each member — whatever they feel they can give based on their job, family, or other civic activities.
Our service projects usually require only 1-2 hours. We know people are busy and only ask you to give what time you may have available.
Optimists – Bringing Out the Best in Kids
By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in kids. In 38 countries, our members provide programs and serve the community in which they live.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, to noble for anger, to strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to everyone you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- Achievement in Education Award
- Awards for recognition of students
- Childhood Cancer Campaign
- Communications Contest for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Essay Contest
- Internet Safety
- Needy Families
- NVTC Wheel Chair Games
- Oratorical Contest
- Respect for Law
- Safe Assured ID
- Youth Appreciation Week
- Youth Clubs
- Youth Leadership Development
IT TAKES JUST A LITTLE TIME AND EFFORT TO HELP, ENCOURAGE, AND RECOGNIZE THE GREATEST ASSETS WE HAVE FOR THE FUTURE: OUR CHILDREN.
If you think you may be interested in joining other civic-minded men and women in service to the community, particularly our youth, and at the same time enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship of people who believe in an OPTIMISTIC WAY OF LIFE, please contact us.