As a representative of Fairfax Civitans, I have been particularly impressed by the extent and by the success of “networking.” For example, our Civitan Club supports the work with disabled people at the Northern Virginia Training Center, and the ISCC has provided a forum to hear about and generate support for the NVTC residents and their families, as they adjust to proposed changes in housing and support arrangements. Similarly, Civitans supports NOVACO, an organization that provides transitional housing and an array of services for women and children escaping domestic abuse. Civitans encouraged NOVACO to join the ISCC, and subsequently several other ISCC organizations have started or increased their support for the NOVACO mission.
~ Dave Hartmann, Fairfax Civitan Club
Primary criteria in consideration of ISCC membership applications
- Applicants will be limited to non-profit organizations.
- The main criterion is that the requesting organization shall by intention and action provide significant services within Fairfax City.
- The organization, by its application, indicates its readiness to act cooperatively with other ISCC member organizations, seeking to avoid conflicts and to encourage sharing and partnership.
- Ideally the proposed Member would have a recognizable presence within Fairfax City (e.g. meets in the City; engages in public events in the City; etc.)
- The well established and good reputation of the applying organization will be an important criterion for membership.
- No applicant will be accepted into the ISCC for the primary purpose of seeking business or for engaging in fund-raising.
- No applicant will be accepted into the ISCC for the primary purpose of engaging in partisan political activity (e.g. supporting particular candidates for office, lobbying for legislation or regulations).
Ready to apply?
Please fill out the Membership Application Form.